One of the best investments you can make in your home is installing outdoor lighting. Not only do outdoor lights increase the security of your property, especially around entryways, pathways, stairs, and pools, but they can also be used to highlight architectural or garden features that you love. The right lighting can truly transform your home, increasing curb appeal and creating a welcoming atmosphere for all your visitors.
Installing lighting in your landscape and outdoor living areas on your own can be daunting. You need the right tools and know-how, including avoiding existing cable and irrigation lines, digging trenches, connecting wires, and more.
That’s where Houston Lightscapes comes in. We have decades of experience working with customers to design and professionally install lighting systems on their property, no matter how big or small. Want to know more about how the installation process works? Keep reading for all the details.
Begin with a Design
It’s always a good idea to plan out what you want before actually tackling installation. Some questions you might want to consider include:
- How do you want to use your outdoor living areas?
- Are there any architectural or landscape features you want to highlight?
- Have you noticed any dark areas that need more light?
- Are you interested in moonlighting or Haven Lighting to add some magic and personality to the outside of your home?
Once you have a vision for your home, it’s time to schedule a free consultation with our lighting design experts. Our team will walk your property with you, listen to your needs and desires, and then provide you with a customized plan that will balance functionality with beauty, taking into account all the unique features of your home.
What Happens During the Installation Process?
Our lighting experts follow landscape lighting best practices to ensure your outdoor lighting installation is safe, efficient, and unobtrusive. Once you’re happy with your customized plan, installation follows a simple process. We:
- Schedule a time to install your residential lighting design.
- Choose a quality transformer. Based on the number of lights you want, our team chooses a transformer that will support that size system.
- Assemble the fixtures. We use only low-voltage, long-lasting LED lights and high-quality, custom-made fixtures.
- Connect the lights. Using long, uninterrupted “home run” wires from the transformer to the fixture connection, we also ensure watertight wiring connections to prevent corrosion.
- Bury the wires. We bury our wires 8-10 inches in the ground for safety and discretion. Our precision digging process causes minimal disruption to your landscape and home. After we push the wire into the ground, we “stitch” it back up for a seamless appearance.
- Return for a nighttime demo. Once everything is installed, we make sure to come back at night so you can see your new lighting system in action. We are happy to make any adjustments you want and will not leave until you are completely satisfied.
Get Started Today!
Now that you know how the installation process works, give us a call at 713-461-3600 to schedule your free consultation with our designers. From start to finish, the team at Houston Lightscapes is with you every step of the way. In fact, we even help you with maintenance, so you never have to worry. We can’t wait to help make your outdoor space serene, beautiful, and functional for years to come.